Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I felt like a STAR


We have heard a lot about the famous Survey Monkey guys and how their survey tools have monopolized the market over the past decade. After a rather slow start, they have over the years built a huge customer base.

Online survey tool users are constantly looking for variety, options, reliability, innovation and of course, a risk-free deal. The past couple of years have brought radical growth in the online survey industry, with numerous new players joining the game. As an avid survey designer, reporter and enthusiast, I am always searching for new and improved online survey software with increasingly improved features and a professional look and feel.

Last year, while searching for some college research data, I received a survey invite, forwarded to me from an old college buddy. The survey on Robotic Science looked really professional and well designed — with precise questions, smooth navigation and an attractive look and feel. Soon I was searching for the source of that survey and the survey designing tool, and was directed to SoGoSurvey.com. I found myself lured to their signup page and in no time I was all set up with my FREE account.

Just to test the capability of this new tool, I designed a poll about the most widely used Social Media Tool among college teens. While designing the poll, I came across SoGoSurvey’s famous Chain Invites tab, which allowed me to forward my newly created poll to my friends, who could then in turn forward it to their friends and so on and so on.

I distributed my survey to around 100 contacts and also shared it on all my social media accounts. In about an hour, I noticed my poll being discussed on Twitter; I had more than 200 retweets. That evening I saw something really amazing — my Twitter handle was actually a trending topic in the city of Boston!  For about an hour I became a STAR! I was receiving emails, SMS and calls from college buddies and work colleagues. It was overwhelming and was all because of a simple tool that helped me distribute and spread my newly created poll.

Since that day, SoGoSurvey has become my only option for designing and distributing surveys. Their robust tool helps me design a variety of detailed surveys with distribution lists, reporting tools, etc. I recently upgraded my account to their paid enterprise version, and I must say, I am rather surprised with their prompt customer service. Unlike Survey Monkey, Zoomarang or FluidSurvey, they aren’t the most advertised survey tool online, but I definitely feel their product is worth a try.

From my experience as a professional survey designer, I see SoGoSurvey becoming the market leader and a true pioneer in redefining survey design. I’m betting it won’t be long until SoGoSurvey stands alone as the most professional online option available for survey designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment